Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Countdown

Less than 2 weeks away now. So many months we've waited to get our sweet daughter but so short in comparison to the years Xiao Xiao has waited for a family to call her own. Little by little I'm getting everything in order before I leave. Yesterday I went out to get two types of chopsticks. I had either given the others away or the kids had used them in the play-doh. I have started packing some things, wrapped some of the gifts for the adoption and government officials, and making plans for the kids while I'm away. (I'm really trying hard not to think about how long I will be away from my other children. I've never been away from Mitchell longer than 3 hours. It's so worth it though.) Grace and I have worked hard in their room to make sure Xiao Xiao has just as much drawer space and closet space as her. I have the presents from the shower my sister's gave her lying on her bed or tucked neatly in her armoire. The other day I washed a pair of PJ's I bought and it was so sweet to pull them out of the dryer and fold them knowing she would wear them soon. I splurged on myself the other day and bought a few items for the trip at J Crew... I LOVE that store. The ladies asked the occasion and in the course of an hour of trying on clothes they got my life story in a nut shell. My sales associate and the store director were in tears. They said it was the best story they had ever heard. I am really never surprised by those reactions because I DO realize just how much I have been through in just a few short years and how God has held me in the palm of his hands the entire time. He has brought me through the darkest times and used my life in a small way to bring about His plans. I never want to take the praise for what we are doing. I only wish that others could see God working through me. I will always give Him the praise because without Him I am nothing and my works are worthless.

No comments:

Post a Comment